Online Commenting and Facebook Rules
All topics are open for discussion in the comments section and on our Facebook page and group, however, there are some ground rules that must be obeyed:
- Bigotry of ANY KIND will result in a ban. If you read our welcome statement, basically any difference of race, color, age, ancestry, sexual or relationship orientation, body size, gender, religion, or other differences that experience oppression are welcome here. If you can’t deal with that, you might want to find another group.
- Any type of mansplaining, trans-splaining, or anything like sealioning or gaslighting will result in a ban if you keep doing it after being told you should stop.
- No TERFs, no Nazis, no anti-LGBT Christians, no One-True-Way-ists of ANY tradition (this includes Pagans, and I’m annoyed I have to actually specify that), etc etc etc.
- No weight-loss/diet talk. There are many folks, including myself, who have had eating disorders of various stripes, and that kind of talk can be very triggering. There are other places to talk about that stuff, so please do it elsewhere. Also, anything that comes off as body shaming, no matter who it is, will be deleted.
- While criticism of religion is ok, going on to trash a specific religion, calling it stupid, or fake, etc is not. Many of us take our spirituality pretty seriously here, so, yeah, that’s not ok. This will also result in a ban for repeat offenders.
- Please refrain from making generalizations about whole groups of people and use “I” statements when talking about your beliefs. Between the Worlds Church includes people with many diverse backgrounds and belief systems. No one system corners the market on truth.
Basically, try to remember Wheaton’s Law, and remember that there are human beings behind the replies you’re replying too. Compassion and Love are awesome, you know?
If you have any questions, complaints, etc, feel free to contact Rev. Gina.